V I T A L U N A (Pronounced veeta-loona) is Latin for "Crazy Life."
I suppose that I could make up some suitably convincing tale of how this domain name came out of a vision -- or epiphany of sorts -- but the reality is, we spent a bunch of time Googling for Latin translations of common sayings and witty statements.
Some of the possibilities that didn't make the cut include:
- cave canem -- beware of the dog
- si fecisti nega -- if you did it, deny it
- amantes sunt amentes -- lovers are lunatics
- veni, Vidi, Dormivi -- I came, I saw, I slept
- vacca foeda -- stupid cow
- re vera, potas bene -- say, you sure are drinking a lot.
- insula Gilliganis -- Gilligan's Island
- Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam. -- I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.
You may also notice that http://www.garethjames.com/ also points to this site. I figure that's the best thing to do until Gareth's old enough to do his own hand coding.